Girls' day out: photoshoot with Chiara and Nadia

Please meet Chiara and Nadia. One year ago they came to me for their 'girls-day-out-friends-forever' photoshoot.
I was excited to finally start shooting in my studio. I had planned a series of 'Sisters' Portraits, to emphasize the strong bond between women with a small exhibit on  International Womens' Day. Chiara had a special request: could she be photographed with her best friend, that she has known since they were little toddlers. So many years later, both live in Marradi, which has made the bond even stronger. In fact she told me Nadia feels more like a sister to her than a friend and she had a special reason to do this together. Off course I said: absolutely!

Chiara took care of the make up for Nadia and herself (she is a talented make up artist and a beautiful person to work with) after which it was time for hair styling.


Nadia wears hers short and did not need much work. Chiara has this enviable thick Italian hair and we turned hers into a beautiful bunch of curls, because we wanted the photos to have a glamourous hint.





Getting dressed up is what I love especially because everything starts to come together, the makeup, the hairstyle and the outfit. Both girls had brought some dresses and picked some pieces from the studio wardrobe. They chose a few different colours, which were combined with my favourite backgrounds. Guided into several poses they didn't need to worry about anything. A few hours later we had a lovely series of photographs, that will last a lifetime and will remind these wonderful ladies of their special bond they have. They both looked amazing and I hope they went out for dinner together or with their husbands that night! Why not?

For me, this is the most beautiful part of what I love to do so much! Create portraits of normal women, no matter your age, length, weight, colour, phase in life etc. We all have our own beauty and I love to bring out the real you in the most beautiful way! And who doesn't want to be a model for a day, look and feel great and go home with a portrait that you will cherish forever?












Comments

Popular Posts