Misty meadows

That first week of January, our second week into our life in Marradi, we were treated to winter skies, misty views and postcard landscapes. Every morning a new surprise as the weather changed from day to day. I was so excited, that I even ran out one morning in my bathrobe and flip-flops to make a photo of that fleeting moment.





I have never seen so many changing skies within a few moments as here at Val di Nibbio. Actually, this is the first time I am here this time of the year, except 33 years ago. My mind was busy with other things that time though, falling in love with my now husband!




And here we are, getting our feet rooted into Marradi soil, it is a different, but an equally beautiful experience. Living in a narrow valley, the air gets pushed and pulled in many directions, creating different views every time. And then, when the morning starts even quieter than normal, we realize that another layer of snow has been sprinkled on the fields around us.
Too beautiful to just flee by, we have many a time decided to leave the car at home and walk the 4k to the village, enjoying every meter of the way.




Crossing nearby meadows under misty skies, noticing every little detail. Little Tuscan farmhouses, stacks of firewood waiting to be burnt in a old fashioned fire place. Laundry hanging to freeze dry and give a little touch of color to the monotone coloured landscape. 




Comments

  1. It seems you started to "walk as if your feet kiss the earth" too !
    I'm impressed by the photos ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wim! And as for kissing the earth with my feet.......I am desperately waiting to put my five fingers back on!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts