January 2018 and how time flies.....

Wondering why I am writing still about January 2018, I am realizing that apparently so much happened last year that I did not find the time to sit down and keep track. I am grateful for my iphone and photos, so I can go back and remember the good and the sad that make up life. How time flies!

The month came to an end with some beautiful sunny weather. As a Dutch girl I really enjoy those sunny winter days. Living quite a bit more south the difference in temperature once the sun comes out, no matter the time of year, is very obvious. Our house is exposed to the sun practically from morning until sunset. During those sunny winter days I am taking in vitamin Sun like a sponge absorbing water.

I had met Kasia quite a while ago, like me, foreigner with a love for Marradi. We soon found out we had more than one shared interest. One of them hiking in the quiet mountains surrounding Marradi and beyond. We had said many a time to go hiking together, this time we took the opportunity to catch the day, pack a backpack and go.
We chose a trail I had never been on, so close and yet so far from the daily rigmarole. We walked, talked, shared, sat down for the purest simple sandwich with prosciutto and a (plastic) cup of red wine. We learned to put the cup in a safe place or it will fall over.........;-) It felt like paradise, just the two of us, beautiful views, discovering how many old abandoned farmhouses this area hides. The trees still in their dormant phase giving way to many a place I would love to see renovated and inhabited again.

It tasted like more, so we promised to take time out once a month and discover new trails. It would be  February 2019 to actually make it happen for all kinds of reasons, but caught up by hiking once every week.





Hunters' hide







Traditional end of a beautiful day @barbiforco

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts